Sun, Feb 4
Sat, Jan 27
Oct 10 2023
PR https://github.com/miraheze/CreateWiki/pull/447, potentially stalled waiting on a member of SRE to review — perhaps this can be pushed to betaheze?
Jun 20 2023
Unfortunately my RL is becoming exceptionally busy to the point that I don't think I'll have the time to actually finish this. Whoever ultimately picks this up, if you want any part of the code that I had partially developed, please contact me.
Unfortunately I'm going to withdraw this request at this time as my RL is becoming exceptionally busy to the point that I don't feel I would have adequate time to be an effective member of SRE. Should things change I may reconsider later on.
Jun 19 2023
I don't think you would need shell access to have merge access to extension repos as those aren't auto-deployed.
Jun 18 2023
Note that an non-disclosure agreement is a required prerequisite before this request can even be evaluated
https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Miraheze_is_Not_Shutting_Down, while not a guarantee of Miraheze's survival just yet, makes it very clear there at least are a lot people interested in Miraheze's survival, and that there's a plan for it to survive. So I'd say now is the time to do some of the tasks here as Agent said, and show us what you got.
Jun 16 2023
Jun 15 2023
Ideally, Amanda should tackle some extension (CreateWiki, ManageWiki, etc.) tasks before being granted any access. I've yet to see them do anything related to coding and I've mostly observed her sorting Phabricator tasks or some basic mw-config changes.
Jun 13 2023
I'm working on this, though it'll take me a few days before I actually publish a PR (I'm developing code incrementally off-site).
Jun 12 2023
Jun 11 2023
I'd assume that this would go in here https://github.com/miraheze/CreateWiki/blob/1f993cc82cc9b1649d195ac614e962bc19f1add7/includes/RequestWiki/SpecialRequestWiki.php
For the record, the globally banned user in question was my late sister, who unleashed a spambot attack against Miraheze on more than one occasion after being banned. Because we were living together at the time, it was next to impossible to distinguish us from each other in terms of technical data/CheckUser. But I was completely uninvolved and took no part in encouraging her disruptive actions. I'd also appreciate it if this wasn't discussed further at this time.
While we wait, it might be worth looking at some open tasks and seeing if you can begin to make contributions to the git repositories in the form of pull requests? Might make an approval process easier if recent work is demonstrated that can be approved and merged in
Given their history (around April-May 2017) I would rather not trust this user at all. (And no, I will not change my mind no matter what you say, so you can skip all your excuses.)
Jun 10 2023
Also +1 from me, though I'm not a SRE member.
As Reception123 is on wiki break (link), I don't think my application can be processed unless someone else is qualified to do it.
Jun 8 2023
Jun 7 2023
I wish you good luck @AmandaCath. Just a little thing, you'll very likely need to sign an NDA (https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Board/NDAs) if you haven't already. Or maybe not, given that you'll likely only have github access as a Software Engineer. I'd email the board just in case.
Same support here (though not an SRE). I could post the usual questions as well, but the user has shown proficiency in these tasks previously, and it would seem quite unnecessary given recent events.
Jun 6 2023
For now, I'm erring on the side of declining while we see how IP Masking rolls out. Once we have more information on that and how it'll work/look like in MediaWiki, we can reconsider this as it'll be a hassle to suddenly yank this from users in the future.
May 30 2023
Going to cc @Owen into this conversation as this is also a legal question concerning personally identifiable information.
May 29 2023
IPInfo is most definitely going to expose private data once IP Masking starts but it's minimal (geographic location and ISP). The WMF are asking users to agree not to share the data but no full NDA needs signing.
Unfortunately due to IRL circumstances I don't currently have the time to build or maintain the wiki, so I'm not going to go through with any major changes right now.
Will you proceed with this? Otherwise, this task will be closed soon.