Page MenuHomeMiraheze

Investigate why Splash doesn't work on MediaWiki 1.40
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The skin is currently broken completely on Betaheze and causes problems (500 errors) when enabled and deploying. We must investigate this before the MediaWiki upgrade or disable it temporarily while we find a fix following the upgrade.

Related Objects

Event Timeline

Unknown Object (User) triaged this task as Low priority.May 22 2023, 17:53
Unknown Object (User) created this task.

The usual procedure is to try to get the upstream developers to fix it but if they're unable/unwilling to fix it in time then we'd remove.

Unknown Object (User) renamed this task from Remove Splash to Undeploy Splash for MediaWiki 1.40.May 25 2023, 03:28
Unknown Object (User) mentioned this in T10680: Test extensions for MediaWiki 1.40.
BrandonWM claimed this task.

I have further tested this extension, and it is fully compatible with MediaWiki 1.40. As such, this can be closed.

Unknown Object (User) reopened this task as Open.May 25 2023, 19:29

This extension causes 500 errors on Betaheze. We cannot deploy on wikis like that as it makes even disabling the extension via the shell impossible.

Unknown Object (User) renamed this task from Undeploy Splash for MediaWiki 1.40 to Investigate why Splash doesn't work on MediaWiki 1.40.May 25 2023, 19:30
Unknown Object (User) removed BrandonWM as the assignee of this task.
Unknown Object (User) updated the task description. (Show Details)

I have tested the extension on WikiForge's beta setup, and the skin does work. Seems to lean towards a Miraheze setup problem as opposed to the skin itself. Disabling temporarily isn't a bad idea.

A stack trace would be most helpful then to figure out what's going on.

Unknown Object (User) closed this task as Resolved.May 26 2023, 03:11
Unknown Object (User) claimed this task.

deploy-mediawiki --extension-list was needed to fix this. Just noting if a sysadmin stumbles upon this in the future, errors about an extension being called twice are probably due to extension-list not being updated.